Painters Cape Town Blog
Best Painters Cape Town Has
Painting can be a frustrating and messy task. Should you be interested to do it yourself painting project and want to pursue your career in painting in Cape Town, then you must learn the basic steps of painting a room first. Also, painting Cape Town may sound difficult, but it is not.
There are two basic steps that you can follow when painting a room or any surface area. The first one is to prepare the room and the second one is the actual task, i.e. painting. However, to achieve good results always prep the room before you start to paint. Now, let’s have the look at some basic steps of painting a room which will help you out especially if you are a beginner.
Steps to Follow
- Before prepping a room or working area for painting, you must protect the flooring against splattering paint.
- Remove light switches, electrical plug covers where possible.
- Use masking tape to ensure straight and neat painting lines between cornice and walls, around door and window frames and on top of skirting.Clean the walls properly before painting them.
- You can use a damp cloth for this purpose and then wait till the walls dry up.Prepare ceilings for painting – fill holes & gaps between ceiling and cornice with a flexible sealant.
- Dip half of the painting brush into the paint can and cover it with paint. Take the brush to the wall and start applying paint by covering the corners of the wall first.
- After the corners are done, pour some paint in a tray and roll the roller over it so that the paint is spread evenly on the painting roller. Make sure to apply only a layer of paint on the roller and get rid of extra paint.
- Take the roller to the wall and start applying paint on the surface of the wall next to the corners.Let the paint get dry and then apply another coat of paint similar to the first one.
- Clean your accessories, i.e. brushes and rollers and remove the tape which you applied during preparation.The steps as mentioned above are the simplest and most basic steps of painting Cape Town and will help you paint a room decently even if you are a beginner.
You can also read this article on tips for a successful painting redecoration.
You can check out this video to see a painting redecoration done when doing the film series Noughts and Crosses.
For More Information Contact:
Company Name: Painters Cape Town — Southern Suburbs
Address: 124 Main Rd, Glencairn, Cape Town, 7975
Phone: 087 550 2666
You can also follow us on the following social media platforms: